Wes Audio Mimas (Standard)
500 Series Digitally-controlled Compressor Module
Despite digital revolution in the audio industry, many of top audio engineers still mix on analog gear. Have you ever wondered why?
It's all about that significant sound which can't be beaten by any digital plugin or processor.
Most of audio engineers mix in the box because of the plugin usability: total recall, automation, settings comparison, etc? But always there is something missing - sound.
Here is the solution: analog hardware gear with digital control, benefits of both worlds. Because of the pure analog signal path, you won't have to compromise the sound, on the other hand, all usability features that every digital plugin has nowadays, will help to you improve your way of working.
Thanks to proprietary GCon protocol which allows to communicate hardware with your DAW it's fast and easy to use.
We'd like to introduce first member of the family - _MIMAS - World's first 1176 style compressor with digital control through VST/AAX plugin.
- World class compressor sound
- GCon - innovative High-speed USB/Ethernet protocol
- Fully digitally controlled analog circuit
- Fully balanced in/out by Carnhill transformers
- USB computer connection
- VST3/AAX (MAC/PC) control plugin
- Integrated hardware A/B function
- Digital sidechain from DAW to compressor
- 4 high-resolution touch sensitive encoders allow to record automation of all parameters to DAW in real time
- Selectable Side-chain high-pass filter
- All-button mode
- True bypass
- Additional backplate connector for future use in a larger system
- Selectable VU(in/out)/GR meter
- +24dBu of headroom
- Attack time: 20us - 800us
- Release time: 50ms - 1100ms
- Compression ratio: 4:1; 8:1; 12:1; 20:1; all button mode
- True Bypass
- SC High Pass filter - 60,90,150Hz
- Output impedance: 600ohm
- Freq. response: 20Hz do 20kHz (+/- 1dB)
- Signal to noise ratio SNR: >83dB
- Power consumption: 3W