Tegeler Audio Creme
Stereo Mastering Equaliser and Compressor
The Crème combines a passive EQ based on the Pultec principle and a high-end bus compressor in a single device.
Many successful mixing engineers share one thing in common: They mix with a compressor and EQ in the master channel. The EQ is usually set to subtly boost the bass and treble, while the bus compressor compresses the sound by a couple of dB. This gives the engineer an idea of how the mix will sound after mastering, even when still in the mixing stage. It also helps in finding the right volume balance for individual sounds (especially vocals).
The Crème puts the very best of both in one device. The passive EQ has been reduced down to the most popular applications: Bass boost, to give greater definition to the bass, and treble boost, to give the mix the necessary shine. The boost has been made switchable to enable total recall and reduce the boost to more appropriate levels for use in the master channel.
The bus compressor has a few additional functions such as a low-pass filter for the side chain and an additional ratio of 1.5:1 for especially subtle compression.
The placement of the EQ and compressor in the mix can also be switched.
Similarly, the Crème is also suitable for use in the master channel.
Do you want to softly and inaudibly balance the track or give it a particular rhythmic signature? The Crème's VCA compressor can do all this.
Its powerful and characteristic sound can bring every mix to the next level. The compressor can really work hard, giving the mix a noticeably more open and brilliant sound.
The compression is very harmonic in nature, the sound always remains transparent, and the individual instruments find their own place in the mix. The often lamentable loss of high notes in compression simply doesn’t happen here – rather, the signal sounds like it has already been fed through an exciter.
The basses sound like a unified whole, refined with lean dynamics.
The switchable high-pass filter in the side chain ensures that, when required, even heavy bass sounds don't lead to pumping.
- Stereo device
- EQ switchable before and after the compressor
- Side chain low-cut filter
- Passive EQ (Pultec style)
- Bass boost frequencies: 20, 30, 60, 100, 140, 200 Hz
- Bass boost level: 0-5 dB switchable
- High boost frequencies: 10, 12, 16, 18, 20, 24 kHz
- High boost level: 0-5 dB switchable
- Low-cut filter: 60-120 Hz
- Attack: 0.1ms, 0.3ms, 1.3ms, 10ms, 30 ms
- Release: 100ms, 300m3, 600ms, 1.2s, Auto
- Ratio: 1.5:1, 2:1, 4:1, 10:1
- Stepped potentiometers
- Frequency responce: 20 - 40.000 Hz +/- 1.5 dB
- Balanced inputs and outputs
- Internal power supply with toroidal transformer
- Height: 88.4 mm (2U) x Width: 483 mm x Depth: 250 mm