PMC QB1 XBD-A
The QB1-XBD-A is a statement monitor that has no equal in terms of sheer power and resolution.
To create the QB1-XBD-A meant re-engineering the single cabinet QB1-A main monitor, which features at Capitol Studios in Los Angeles and the University of Westminster in London. For this latest version, an additional XBD cabinet and has been applied containing four identical piston drivers, each driven by four of PMC’s 1000w independent, class D, power amplifiers, which gives a total of a staggering 8825W of ultra-clean power per channel.
The sense of limitless headroom and complete confidence gained when working on these is unparalleled from this twin-stacked cabinet design, and this configuration ensures the smoothest possible in-room bass response with 3dB more headroom than the QB1-A single cabinet version. Alongside its incredible power ratio and damping per channel, the QB1-XBD-A offers ultra-low distortion, a forensic sense of detail and incomparable dynamics and transience throughout the entire bandwidth.
In keeping with the QB1-A, the QB1-XBD-A features wired RJ45 desktop control, which provides user-friendly access to user EQ settings via its backlit display and jog wheel, and the ability to store up to four user setup presets.
Whether soffit-mounted or not, the QB models deliver the transparency, resolution, extended frequency response and wide, consistent imaging demanded by the international audio elite.
- Available Finishes: Studio black, Colours POA
- Crossover Frequency:380Hz & 3.8kHz
- Dimensions:H 1640mm (64.6”) W 1092mm (42.9”) D 523mm (20.6”) (max depth)
- Drive Units:LF - 8 x PMC carbon fibre/Nomex 250mm/10” piston drivers, MF - PMC hand-built 75mm soft dome driver, HF PMC 34mm soft dome tweeter with acoustic radiator
- Effective ATL™ Length:2 x 2.7m 8.9ft
- Frequency Response:20Hz - 25kHz
- Impedance:Input Impedance 20k Bal
- Input Connectors:I/O - Balanced analogue input digital AES3 input, Digital Input - AES3, 192kHz 24bit
- Sensitivity:Adjustable +4 to +20dBu
- Weight:Master 150kg (330lbs), LFX (XBD) 140kg (308lbs)
- Amplifier Power per Channel:LF - 2 x 2400Wrms, LFX (XBD) 2 x 2400Wrms, MF - 1 x 550Wrms, HF - 1 x 275Wrms