Inward Connections TSL-4 Vac Rac
Stereo Tube Limiter
The modern classic Inward Connections TSL-4 has gotten a visual refresh. For years, engineers have requested a more attractive color on the Vac Rac TSL. Since the TSL-4 Anniversary Edition was such a success, Inward Connections thought another shade of gray would surely please. Moving forth, the TSL-4 will be Gunmetal Grey. New colour. Same great features!
The Inward Connections TSL-4 is based around the original TLM-1 Tube Limiter Module for the Vac Rac modular system and wears the same battleship grey finish as a nod to the past. When it comes to the sound, the TSL-1AE delivers the same characteristics including smooth limiting the warmth and euphonic character of high quality valves that is revered by so many sound engineers around the world.
Handmade in Los Angeles the TSL-4 is a dual-channel valve limiter with optical gain reduction element and new-old-stock valves throughout with NOS 6072A valves on the input stage and NOS 12BH7A tubes on the output stage. High-quality through and through, the Inward Connections TSL-4 includes Cinemag transformer-balanced XLR input and output. A Link switch lets you connect both optical cells for true stereo operations while a bypass switch on each channel lets you activate or deactivate both channels independently. Both Gain and Gain reduction knobs are high-quality 40-step knobs offering up to 14dB of makeup gain and 40dB of gain reduction. A 100Hz switchable high-pass filter is included to avoid unwanted bass signals to trigger the compressor and make it pump too obviously. This is particularly useful when used on a mixbuss or drum buss. Housed in a well-ventilated 3U steel chassis ensures the valves are kept as cool as possible even after long hours of use.
The TSL-4 works wonders on vocals, bass, guitars, mixbuss and even drums offering a sonic richness that immediately impresses.
- 40-Detent Gain Makeup Control – variable control of 14dB of output gain
- 40-Detent Gain Reduction Control – variable control of up to 40dB of gain reduction
- Bypass Switch – engages or disengages the gain reduction element
- Output Switch – Assigns meters to Gain Reduction or Output
- Hi-Pass Filter Switch – engages 250Hz high pass filter within the gain reduction circuit
- Link Switch – Links opto cells of both channels for stereo operation
- Large 3x3" Illuminated VU meter
- Zero trim to calibrate the meter in Limit mode
- Tubes used in both input channels: Input stage - 6072A, Output stage - 12BH7A
- Power Supply: Pure Class A high voltage tube design with AC Voltage selector
- Unit dimensions: 3 rack space. 5.25" Height, 19" Width, 11.5" Depth
- Rugged, well-ventilated, 3U steel chassis design
- Classic vintage look
- Transformer Balanced, Line Level, XLR inputs and outputs