500 Series 2-Band Inductor Equaliser Module
The Electrodyne 511 is a classic two-band discrete transistor reciprocal active inductor equaliser using 1969 / 1970 design technology.
The custom inductors and output transformer are made by Electrodyne's original maker, to strict factory manufacturing tolerances as small as 2%. This allows consistent eq performance and repeatability from channel to channel that was not possible in the 60s.
Smooth performance and EQ response from minimum to maximum gain at all frequencies, provides unusually broad sonic and tonal options not experienced since the 1970's.
- Input: Active balanced discrete transistor impedance converter.
- Output impedance: 150 ohms
- +/-12 db gain range: Boost or Attenuate
- 4 frequencies selectable per band. LF: 40, 100, 250, 500hz. HF: 1.5k, 3k, 5k, 10k.
- Peak/Shelf function on each band. Shelving at all frequencies, Peaking at 250, 500, 1.5k, 3k and 5k.
- Distortion: 0.03% typical.
- Maximum output: +30db at less than 0.8% THD. (+29.5db at 0.06% THD)
- Frequency response: +/- 0.25db, 10hz to 70khz typical.
- Signal to noise: -85db typical.