Earthworks CMK4 CloseMic Kit
4-Piece Drum Microphone Kit
The CMK4 CloseMic Kit is designed for close miking tom and snare. The microphones are housed in a high impact case that will withstand the rigours of the road and store each microphone with the RM1 attached, thus saving time in setup and teardown.
The Earthworks CMK4 CloseMic Kit is a 4-microphone bundle of DM20 precision engineered cardioid condenser microphones and accessories designed for close miking toms and snare in live performance and studio recording environments.
Whether onstage or in the studio, the DM20 captures a drum sound that is larger than life. Onstage the DM20 delivers sound so detailed and natural that the sound coming out of the PA sounds like the drummer is right in front of you. For recording, it will reproduce your toms and snare with incredible detail and pristine sound, faithfully reproducing their true character.
Its near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, virtually eliminating phasing issues and ensuring more gain before feedback. The DM20 transient response is lightning fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. Even the loudest drummer cannot overload the DM20 DrumMic, which can handle up to 150dB SPL.
Designed to withstand the rigours of the road while still delivering the sound quality Earthworks is known for, the DM20 DrumMic provides the best of both worlds. Capable of withstanding a stray stick hit, the DM20 removes the worry of close miking snare and toms. Its right angle microphone head lets you easily and precisely position the microphone to get the best drum sound. Featuring a stiff yet flexible gooseneck, the microphone will stay put once you have found its sweet spot.
Included with the DM20 is an RM1 RimMount for mounting the microphone directly on the rim of a snare or toms, eliminating the need for mic stands. Plus, save time on setup and teardown by storing the DM20 with the RM1 still attached in its carrying case.
- Improved impulse response for faster and more accurate transients
- Shorter diaphragm settling time to prevent quieter attacks from being blurred by earlier loud attacks
- Extended frequency response to 30 kHz to capture a crisper and more realistic image
- Near perfect polar patterns that remain even across all frequencies and at any position within the pattern
- More cohesive and unified drum sound
- Hear more attack and subtle detail
- Increased detail and dynamic range
- Versatile, multi-use mics
- Mics are protected in a high impact case
- Fast setup and teardown
- 4 DM20 Tom and Snare Microphones
- 4 RM1 RimMounts
- 4 PM1 Windscreens
- 1x Rugged Case