Dangerous Music Monitor ST
Modular Stereo Monitor Controller Designed for the 21st Century
Monitoring is the most crucial stage in the audio chain. An inferior system facilitates poor mix decisions by forcing the engineer to compensate for limitations. For example, if transients are choked by cheap components and design shortcuts, the unnecessary high end added to a mix will sound harsh on other playback devices. When mating a microphone, preamp or eq with an artist- how can it be judged if you can't hear what's truly there? The Monitor ST is the outcome of real world experience combined with mastering grade components. Don’t let a lesser monitor rig hold your audio hostage.
- Speaker Switching (3 sets) plus Independent Subwoofer Control & Filtering
- Speaker Offsets for Level Matching
- Analog Input Switching Between 4 Sources (-10 dBv or +4 dBu)
- Separate Stereo Aux Input Path
- Fully Programmable Remote with Simple Cat-5 Cable Connectivity
- Analog Stepped Attenuator Volume for Consistent Imaging at all Levels
- Talkback, Solo, Dim, Mute and Mono Controls
- Built-in Talkback Mic and Remote Mic Input
- Pristine 20 Watt Headphone Amplifier for Dynamics and Inspiration
- Expandable: Surround, Additional D/A and Custom Switching
- The measure of a successful mix is consistency: it must translate across multiple mediums like the radio, an iPod, home hi-fi, a car stereo... Therefore, a monitor solution must be transparent and musical to deliver.
Add color to the track or mix, not to the monitor section.
Input source selection, speaker switching, cue system, talkback functions and headphone amplification are all neatly tucked into one rack space and controlled via the comprehensive, customizable remote. As with every Dangerous Music product, painstaking measures are taken to create complete functionality with ZERO audio compromise. Expansion to 5.1 on up to 10.2 or farther is simple: just add the Monitor SR and/or the Additional Switching System.
Like all Dangerous Music products, Monitor ST leverages mastering-grade components selected for both performance and sound, and is tested to draconian tolerances to ensure stunning & accurate imaging, headroom, punch and detail, so that you can know with confidence that you are making the right recording, mixing and mastering decisions. DC coupled circuit design means that that no transformers color your sound and no filter caps smear stereo. What you hear is what you've got. No limited bandwidth, no transient suppression--just the unadulterated truth.