Aston Spirit (Ex-Demo)
Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone
The Aston SPIRIT is a high-performance, switchable pattern, microphone utilising a 1" gold evaporated capsule. A switch on the mic body selects from Omni, Cardioid or Figure-of-Eight polar patterns. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its hand-selected capsule is teamed with high-end transformer-less circuitry using only the best components such as WIMA capacitors, the same devices you’ll find in boutique microphones costing far more than the Spirit.
The Spirit is designed to deliver a beautifully open sound with sparkling harmonics. This highly accurate microphone gives a stunningly natural and transparent recording, capturing all the detail in the high range but without adding the harshness that some condenser microphones seem to.
Wave-Form Mesh Head
The Origin has Aston's signature wave-form mesh head. This unique design not only looks great, but delivers an unprecedented degree of protection for the heart of your microphone, the capsule. The shock resistant wave-form design allows the head of the mic to distort if given a heavy knock, and then return to its normal position, without any damage at all. It also offers a degree of off-axis rejection, helping to eliminate unwanted artefacts from your recordings.
Built-In Pop Filter
Aston's vocal condenser microphones have an exclusive mesh-knit pop filter built into the wave-form head. The random weave allows sound to pass while virtually eliminating unwanted plosives at source. It also shields against multiple wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation making our microphones ideal in critically sensitive electronic applications. This completely encapsulating, single piece, mesh cage is formed in stainless steel, so won't rust with use, and can even be removed and washed.
Yet another unique design element of the Aston Origin, is the use of custom moulded end caps with integrated XLR and stand adaptor. No other mic has this. Because the internal shock absorption system is so good, you can mount the microphone directly to a stand via this built in, and interchangeable thread adapter. The design also makes Aston microphones extremely easy to repair and maintain.
Part of the beauty of our microphones is the custom finish of each chassis. There are no mass-produced paint job finishes here... instead, each chassis is individually tumbled for up to 4 hours to give it a very hard-wearing, and extremely beautiful, finish. To perfect the look, each microphone is separately engraved with its legends, and Aston's brand mantra... 'The art of performance'.
- Superbly balanced mix of discrete and integrated electronic circuitry.
- Armonised circuit stage arrangement for easy integration from phantom power input circuitry to capsule voltage bias.
- A novel non-linear voltage/current source rectification to provide controlled amplification and smooth, clear audio.
We have put our hearts and minds into creating the most beautiful performance pieces possible with each Aston product. When it comes to packaging we believe simplicity is king. Protective, re-useable, environmentally sensible packaging that doesn't cost the earth.
- Wave-form mesh head - this unique design provides shock absorption to protect the capsule, with elastic mesh memory.
- Built-in pop filter using the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct to stand microphone mounting
- 2mm, solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers
- PCB - market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging. No unnecessary frills, just well-designed, re-usable and recyclable packaging.