500 Series Mic Preamp Module
The 512v is essentially an API 512c with one important exception - it features a variable output. The 512v was designed to meet the needs of audio professionals using DAW's or other input level-sensitive devices in their workflow.
The 512v uses the same circuitry as originally designed by API's founder Saul Walker, and utilises the exact same high quality components, proprietary transformer and 2520 op amp as the 512c. In a direct response to market demand, the 512v eliminates the need for external signal attenuation through third party devices, and produces the same warm, analog signal that audio professionals expect from API.
- Mic Preamp with 65 dB of gain
- Variable Output Level Control from 65 dB to -∞
- 3:1 Output Transformer Tap selection
- Front and Back Panel Mic Input Access
- Line/Instrument Preamp with 45 dB of gain
- Front Panel Combo-style XLR + 1/4 inch Line/Instrument Input
- LED VU meter for Gain Level Indication
- 20 dB pad switch, applies to mic/line/instrument
- 48v Phantom switchable power
- Traditional API circuit design