Solid-State Condenser Microphone
Edge and Verge are modelling microphones by Antelope Audio, suited for the manufacturer's real-time mic preamp modelling. Combined with the already highly acclaimed Antelope Audio FPGA Vintage Compressors & EQ's, these new modelling microphones will comprise a true cutting edge front end that will usher in a new era for modern recording.
Verge is a small diaphragm modelling microphone suited for both nuanced accuracy and high SPL recording. Also exhibiting excellent performance on it’s own, it can take on the character and personality of the world’s best small diaphragm condensers and electrets.
The true voices of vintage microphones
Inside the FPGA Accusonic 3D modelling engine you can transform both Edge and Verge into vintage replicas giving you complete control over proximity effect, off-axis response and even allow you to change polar patterns during or after recording. Choose from a collection of classic and expensive microphones and track the results as you monitor live, bringing out a musician's best possible performance.
- Diaphragm: Condenser (back electret type)
- Freq. response: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -40dB | 10mV/Pa (+/-3dB)
- Max input SPL: 146dB
- SNR: 69dB(A)
- Output impedance: 65 Ohms
- Power Requirements: 48V DC Phantom Power
- Output Connector: 3-pin male XLR
- Weight (mic body): 0.34 lbs. (155 grams)
- Dimensions (mic body): 6.1″ x 0.87″ (155mm x 22mm)
- Breakout Cable: not included
- Mount: Shock absorber type