AAS Ultra Analog VA-2
Virtual String Ensemble Instrument (Download Code)
The finest in analogue sounds
In a world filled with reproductions and ever increasing complexity, Ultra Analog imposes itself as a unique and powerful synth that is fast, easy, and remarkably versatile.
With its picks, bows, hammers, fingers, frets, dampers, and soundboards, it is a unique blend of acoustic modeling and regular synth-control features - you won't believe how crazy you can go with a simple string.
The string is the thing
A string is a rich sound source at the heart of a multitude of musical instruments. It can be played with a pick or finger for plucked sounds, bowed and produce sustained sounds or hit for chord and percussive sounds.
- Factory library - The completely renewed factory library has well over 600 production-ready sounds classified for fast and intuitive exploration.
- Bank and program manager - Ultra Analog VA-2's new manager allows simple and efficient organisation, backup, and sharing of your sounds.
- Compressor and EQ - These new additions are perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- Backward compatible with VA-1 presets - Simply put your Ultra Analog VA-1 exported presets in Ultra Analog VA-2's bank folder to convert them.
- Limiter - The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the synth’s parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- Microtonal tunings vis Scala scale files - Ultra Analog VA-2 now supports the Scala scale file format for microtonal music making.
- Streamlined interface - Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Ultra Analog VA-2 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the performance and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you tweak and create your sound; while FX supplies equaliser, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for a final sheen.
- Native 64-bit AU, VST and AAX plug-ins - Ultra Analog VA-2 now runs in native 64-bit on Mac OS X and Windows making it compatible with the latest sequencers.
- Richard Devine signature sounds - Renowned sound designer Richard Devine delved into the new Ultra Analog VA-2 to forge a state-of-the-art collection of 110 presets that are simply essential.
- Overheauled effects - Reinvigorated and polished, Ultra Analog VA-2’s multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date!
The superb preset library created by the best professional sound designers represents a sensational journey through all the colours of the analog spectrum - from vintage synthesizers to modern VAs.
Ultra Analog is highly efficient, find the sound you want fast and tweak it to perfection thanks to the categorised browser and ergonomic interface. Whether it's for day to day synth work or particular sound design tasks, Ultra Analog will deliver the entire analog sonic range with every control at your fingertips whenever your creative outbursts demand it.
Ultra Analog is packed with premium performance features: keyboard modes, unison, portamento and glide functions, and a complete set of MIDI features. And for even more action, Ultra Analog provides a user programmable pattern arpeggiator and shortcuts to the high quality effects.
The FX panel wraps up Ultra Analog VA-2 as an all-inclusive package with awesome polishing tools.