Wes Audio MIMAS (Ex-Demo)
500 Series Compressor Module with NG500 Connector
Despite digital revolution in the audio industry, many of top audio engineers still mix on analog gear. Have you ever wondered why?
It's all about that significant sound which can't be beaten by any digital plugin or processor.
Most of audio engineers mix in the box because of the plugin usability: total recall, automation, settings comparison, etc? But always there is something missing - sound.
Here is the solution: analog hardware gear with digital control, benefits of both worlds. Because of the pure analog signal path, you won't have to compromise the sound, on the other hand, all usability features that every digital plugin has nowadays, will help to you improve your way of working.
Thanks to proprietary GCon protocol which allows to communicate hardware with your DAW it's fast and easy to use.
We'd like to introduce first member of the family - _MIMAS - World's first 1176 style compressor with digital control through VST/AAX plugin.
- World class compressor sound
- GCon - innovative High-speed USB/Ethernet protocol
- Fully digitally controlled analog circuit
- Fully balanced in/out by Carnhill transformers
- USB computer connection
- VST3/AAX (MAC/PC) control plugin
- Integrated hardware A/B function
- Digital sidechain from DAW to compressor
- 4 high-resolution touch sensitive encoders allow to record automation of all parameters to DAW in real time
- Selectable Side-chain high-pass filter
- All-button mode
- True bypass
- Additional backplate connector for future use in a larger system
- Selectable VU(in/out)/GR meter
- +24dBu of headroom
- Attack time: 20us - 800us
- Release time: 50ms - 1100ms
- Compression ratio: 4:1; 8:1; 12:1; 20:1; all button mode
- True Bypass
- SC High Pass filter - 60,90,150Hz
- Output impedance: 600ohm
- Freq. response: 20Hz do 20kHz (+/- 1dB)
- Signal to noise ratio SNR: >83dB
- Power consumption: 3W
Info about the NG500 Connector
In addition to the standard 500 series connector, the module features an extra "NG500 connector". It is designed for use with the Wes Audio TITAN chassis, to carry the Gcon information without the need for additional USB cables connected to the module. Modules with the NG500 connector can be used with almost all standard 500 series racks.
Modules with NG500 do not work with the following racks:
- Rupert Neve R6
- Rupert Neve R10
- Aphex USB 500 Rack
- Some older BAE racks (not produced anymore)
If you have an incompatible rack, you can request your module without the NG500 connector
READ THE FULL REVIEW