Warm Audio WA76
Mono FET Compressor/Limiter
Following on from the success of the WA12 and TB12 Tonebeast Microphone preamplifiers, Warm Audio now expands the line-up of true analogue all discrete designs with a classic 2U F.E.T Compressor/Limiter.
The WA76 Limiting Amplifier is a modern reproduction of the Classic 1176 Revision D.
Valiant effort has been made to remain faithful to the original designs including the use of Reichenbach Engineering's (now CineMag) transformer designs that were used in the original. The classic 1176 was a major breakthrough in limiter technology - the first true peak limiter with all transistor circuitry offering superior performance with a signature sound.
- True to the Classic 1176 compressor in design and performance
- Completely discrete signal path
- Modelled after the D revision
- Utilizes USA made CINEMAG input and output transformers
- Supports the famous "all buttons in" ratio setting
- Ultra fast attack time
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Input impedance - 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating)
- Frequency Response ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz
- XLR and TRS inputs. XLR and TRS outputs
- 50db of gain
- Less than 0.4% total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 20 kHz with limiting
- Signal to noise ratio is greater than 74 dB at +25 dBm
- EIN -104.1 dbm
- Attack time, 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release time, 50 milliseconds to 1 second
- Meter provides dB gain reduction and dB output
- Internal power supply, external 24v AC power transformer
- 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U
"This FET compressor-limiter offers both the simplicity and the sound of the original UREI 1176 units, but does so at a uniquely low price point."
"The WA76 sounds as good as any 1176 we've heard and probably better than well-worn originals that change hands at collector's prices. Construction is solid, and it looks and feels far more expensive than the price would suggest... A convincing replica at a remarkably low price."
"It looks, sounds and feels like the 1176 without the vintage price and the potential maintenance issues."
"With vintage and reissue 1176 units costing almost four times as much as the WA76, it's an easy call to check one (or two) out. I know Warm Audio will have trouble keeping these in stock."
Warm Audio WA76 Compressor ExplainedThe Warm Audio WA76, 1176 style compressor replicates the clas...
Software Download FAQ
What does "Download Code" mean?
Any product listed as a download code will be sent via Email. No physical product will be shipped out to you.
What's an iLok?
An iLok is a license protection dongle. It is used to store your software licences, for portability and to prevent piracy.
How long do download codes take to arrive?
If you order during our normal office hours (10am - 6pm | Monday - Friday) your code will be sent the same day. If you order after we close or during the weekend, your code(s) will be sent the next working day.
Can I return software?
Unfortunately, due to the one-time use nature of software licenses; once a product is sent it can not be returned. Please check all information about compatibility before you purchase.
Please read the following before purchase.
What does it mean when a product is listed as Education?
Any product listed as an education version is the same as the full version, but at a discounted price for teachers, lecturers and/or students.
Education products are subject to a verification process, this can vary by product & manufacturer.
By purchasing you agree to submit proof that you are eligible for an education discount.
For more information, please contact us. 01462 490 122