Warm Audio WA-2A
Mono Optical Valve Compressor
Classic Optical Compression - Now affordable.
True to its inspiration; the WA-2A boasts an all tube, completely discrete signal path with through-hole component topology. It also features custom, large-core Cinemag input and output transformers, four premium vacuum tubes, and the legendary Kenetek opto-cell, considered by many to be the world's finest.
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of this classic optical tube compressor. For decades, the renowned 2A type circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
- '2A Style, Transformer balanced, high voltage, opto (Light controlled) tube compressor
- Fully discrete signal path
- Custom USA made CineMag input and output transformers
- USA made Kenetek opto attenuator. Socketed to allow for retro-fitting with other opto-cells
- Premium Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix tubes. 2x 12ax7, 1x 12bh7, 1x 6aq5 (or 6p1 - interchangeable)
- Variable Pre-emphasis, allows for compression hi-pass filtering
- Stereo-link capability
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs - 600 ohms impedance
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs - 600 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response +/- 1 dB, 15 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain: 40 dB +/-1dB
- Input Level: +16 dB maximum
- Output Level: +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion: Less than 0.1% THD at +/-10 dBm
- Noise: -74dB
- Attack Time: 10 milliseconds
- Release Time: 0.06 seconds for 50% release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Meter shows both dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power: 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions: 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19" x 7" x 3.5"
- Weight: 12 lbs