Warm Audio WA-2A
Mono Optical Valve Compressor
Classic Optical Compression - Now affordable.
True to its inspiration; the WA-2A boasts an all tube, completely discrete signal path with through-hole component topology. It also features custom, large-core Cinemag input and output transformers, four premium vacuum tubes, and the legendary Kenetek opto-cell, considered by many to be the world's finest.
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of this classic optical tube compressor. For decades, the renowned 2A type circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
- '2A Style, Transformer balanced, high voltage, opto (Light controlled) tube compressor
- Fully discrete signal path
- Custom USA made CineMag input and output transformers
- USA made Kenetek opto attenuator. Socketed to allow for retro-fitting with other opto-cells
- Premium Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix tubes. 2x 12ax7, 1x 12bh7, 1x 6aq5 (or 6p1 - interchangeable)
- Variable Pre-emphasis, allows for compression hi-pass filtering
- Stereo-link capability
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs - 600 ohms impedance
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs - 600 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response +/- 1 dB, 15 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain: 40 dB +/-1dB
- Input Level: +16 dB maximum
- Output Level: +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion: Less than 0.1% THD at +/-10 dBm
- Noise: -74dB
- Attack Time: 10 milliseconds
- Release Time: 0.06 seconds for 50% release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Meter shows both dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power: 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions: 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19" x 7" x 3.5"
- Weight: 12 lbs
Software Download FAQ
What does "Download Code" mean?
Any product listed as a download code will be sent via Email. No physical product will be shipped out to you.
What's an iLok?
An iLok is a license protection dongle. It is used to store your software licences, for portability and to prevent piracy.
How long do download codes take to arrive?
If you order during our normal office hours (10am - 6pm | Monday - Friday) your code will be sent the same day. If you order after we close or during the weekend, your code(s) will be sent the next working day.
Can I return software?
Unfortunately, due to the one-time use nature of software licenses; once a product is sent it can not be returned. Please check all information about compatibility before you purchase.
Please read the following before purchase.
What does it mean when a product is listed as Education?
Any product listed as an education version is the same as the full version, but at a discounted price for teachers, lecturers and/or students.
Education products are subject to a verification process, this can vary by product & manufacturer.
By purchasing you agree to submit proof that you are eligible for an education discount.
For more information, please contact us. 01462 490 122