SPL SMC Surround Monitor Controller (B-Stock)
Stereo and 5.1-Surround Monitor Controller
The SPL Surround Monitor Controller (SMC) is a one-point analog volume control and switching matrix for system-independent 5.1 surround and stereo monitoring for essentially any audio application:
- Surround and stereo production
- DVD-V, DVD-A, SACD and DTS authoring
- Film and video postproduction
- Video and game production
- A/V and multimedia production
- Audiophile home entertainment systems
The advantages of the SMC become especially apparent in combination with modern audio and video production tools such as ProTools, Nuendo, Cubase, Logic, Deck etc.
One of the SMC's biggest advantages is the possibility to manage several input sources, i. e. for comparing and monitoring SACD or DVD material.