Serpent Splice MKII 500
500 Series FET Compressor Module
Size doesn't matter. The Splice-500 packs all of the sound and functionality of the acclaimed Splice MKII rack into a single 500 series module. Faithfully recreating the circuitry and sound of not one, but two classic FET compressors, the Splice-500’s unique mode switching allows the user to switch between the classic Blackface or vintage Bluestripe circuits at the push of a button. In addition, the Splice-500 can also mix and match the two for entirely new sounds that can only be found with the Splice (i.e. Blue Input Circuitry + Black Output Circuitry for "Blueface" mode or Black Input Circuitry + Blue Output Circuitry for "Blackstrip" mode.
All units are made in the USA to an exceptional level of craft and workmanship.
- Four Compressor circuits in one box:
- Input Circuit Black + Output Circuit Black = "Classic Blackface Mode"
- Input Blue + Output Blue = "Classic Bluestripe Mode"
- Input Blue + Output Black = "Blueface Mode" (Unique to the Splice)
- Input Black + Output Blue = "Blackstripe Mode" (Unique to the Splice)
- Stereo Linkable w/ front panel switch
- "All Buttons In" / Slam Mode front panel switch
- Integrated Mix/Blend Control w/ switchable bypassing for in-the-box parallel processing
- Integrated Sidechain High Pass Filter
- Selectable 600R Output loading allows the user to easily optimise the Splice for use with both vintage and modern equipment
- 45dB of Gain (with no limiting)
- Attack Time - 20 to 800 Microseconds
- Release Time - 50 Milliseconds to 1.1 Seconds
- Compression Ratios - 2:1, 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1 & Soft Bypass (BP)
- LED Gain Reduction Meter
- Backed by a 2 Year Limited Warranty
Software Download FAQ
What does "Download Code" mean?
Any product listed as a download code will be sent via Email. No physical product will be shipped out to you.
What's an iLok?
An iLok is a license protection dongle. It is used to store your software licences, for portability and to prevent piracy.
How long do download codes take to arrive?
If you order during our normal office hours (10am - 6pm | Monday - Friday) your code will be sent the same day. If you order after we close or during the weekend, your code(s) will be sent the next working day.
Can I return software?
Unfortunately, due to the one-time use nature of software licenses; once a product is sent it can not be returned. Please check all information about compatibility before you purchase.
Please read the following before purchase.
What does it mean when a product is listed as Education?
Any product listed as an education version is the same as the full version, but at a discounted price for teachers, lecturers and/or students.
Education products are subject to a verification process, this can vary by product & manufacturer.
By purchasing you agree to submit proof that you are eligible for an education discount.
For more information, please contact us. 01462 490 122