Serpent Audio SB4001
500 Series Stereo VCA Compressor
The SB4001 pushes the limits and sets new standards for the 500 Series Format. Boasting Quad VCA's, 6 ratios, 10 Attack Times, High Pass/Boost/Slope Sidechain Filters, Wet/Dry Blend Control, External (Key) Input, Classic Stepped Release Settings, Classic And Alternate Auto Release, Variable Release Control, as well as "Grind" Mode (a proprietary valve style harmonic drive adding vintage colour), the SB4001 is capable of delivering whatever sound you need. Whether Clean, Dirty, Vintage, Subtle, or Crushed, the SB4001 is sure to be one of the most flexible compressors in your arsenal.
All units are made in the USA to an exceptional level of craft and workmanship.
- Made in the USA
- Quad VCA's (For Superior Dynamic Range)
- Electronically Balanced
- True Bypass (Relay Controlled)
- Protection From 48V Phantom Power
- Powder Coated Front Panel For Extra Durability.
- All Hand Made Thru Hole Main Audio Path
- Ratios - 1.5, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
- Attack Times (Stepped) - .1,.3,1,3,5,10,15,20,25,30,40,50
- Release Times (Stepped) - .3,.6,1.2, Classic Auto release (A1), Alternate Auto Release (A2)
- Release Times (Variable - Engaged By Last Position On Stepped Switch) - Any Time From .1 Sec to 1.2 Sec
- Sidechain Filters - 60Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz, Boost Mode, Slope Mode
- Wet/Dry Blend (For Parallel Processing)
- "Grind" Mode - Special Valve Style Harmonic Drive Mode, adding vintage colour
- External/Key Input – Accepts Balanced or Unbalanced Inputs (inserted before sidechain filters)
- Gain (-6 to +18)
- Premium Grayhill Rotary Switches
- Premium Sealed Pots
- All Machined Aluminum Knobs
Software Download FAQ
What does "Download Code" mean?
Any product listed as a download code will be sent via Email. No physical product will be shipped out to you.
What's an iLok?
An iLok is a license protection dongle. It is used to store your software licences, for portability and to prevent piracy.
How long do download codes take to arrive?
If you order during our normal office hours (10am - 6pm | Monday - Friday) your code will be sent the same day. If you order after we close or during the weekend, your code(s) will be sent the next working day.
Can I return software?
Unfortunately, due to the one-time use nature of software licenses; once a product is sent it can not be returned. Please check all information about compatibility before you purchase.
Please read the following before purchase.
What does it mean when a product is listed as Education?
Any product listed as an education version is the same as the full version, but at a discounted price for teachers, lecturers and/or students.
Education products are subject to a verification process, this can vary by product & manufacturer.
By purchasing you agree to submit proof that you are eligible for an education discount.
For more information, please contact us. 01462 490 122