500 Series De-Esser Module
The DS-500 is a single channel, solid-state version of the De-esser in the Pendulum Quartet Tube Recording Channel.
It uses the same highly selective inductive detector and opto-inductive notch filter as the the de-esser in the Quartet, so it has the same charcteristics, and very fast response.
By pairing it with a unity gain class A solid-state line stage, the DS-500 retains the transpar - ent character of the de-esser action, while keeping the signal path clean and uncolored.
The DS-500 is fully compatible with any rack that adheres to the API spec.
Owners of the Quartet have found the de-esser to be effective in many other applications, which include removing finger squeaks in acoustic guitar tracks, and "wisp" sounds on electric bass.
- Format: API ® 500 series standard, fully compatible
- Input Impedance: 20KΩ, balanced
- Output Impedance: less than 50Ω
- Gain: unity (0 dB)
- Max. Output Level: +27dBu, balanced
- Threshold: off to +30dB of detector gain
- Detector: 11 center frequencies at 3.4, 4.5, 5.7, 6.6, 7.5, 8.0, 8.8, 9.4, 10.0, 10.5, and 11.5 kHz
- Depth: continuously variable from -2 to -10 dB
- Frequency Response: +/- 1 dB from 10Hz to 20kHz
- Noise Level: better than 90 dB below +4dBu, 0-80kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: less than 0.01%, 20-20kHz