Overstayer Stereo Field Effect Compressor
Stereo FET Compressor
Overstayer love FET compression! In fact, some say they're slightly obsessed with it. They might be right.
The Overstayer Stereo Field Effect Model 3706 Limiter/Compressor is an evolution of their passion for FET compressors and classic analogue recording chains. The Stereo Field Effect, or SFE, is a stereo unit with ganged controls that combines compression and limiting, with analogue tone shaping and harmonics stages to evoke the tonality of a classic analogue recording and mixing chain.
Classic FET ratios, as well as subtle low and hard limit ratios, allow the balance of compression to harmonics to be tailored, while wide-ranging attack and release options allow the envelope to shape exactly what hits the harmonics stages. The integrated sidechain filter and tone shaping of the discrete harmonics stages allows the signal to remain full even with large amounts of gain reduction. The Non-linear mode engages an alternate aggressive personality, giving you new and unique dynamic textures.
- Classic FET compression in stereo with single controls
- Discrete harmonics circuitry to add rich colour and character to the compression, integration that gives you a fluid recording/mix chain
- Parallel blend control - adjust compression and harmonics as aggressively as needed and balance to taste
- Multiple ratios allow for subtle control to harder limiting, while the external sidechain loop can be used to shape further or bypass compression altogether, driving only the analogue harmonics
- Non-linear mode brings creative and extreme punch, and energised compression balanced with additional harmonics
- Transformer balanced discrete output stage
- Power supply included with rugged 5 pin XLR connector and IEC cable