Great River MP-2NV
Dual Mic Preamp
Classic 70s Vintage British Circuit Styling
The MP-2NV (two channel mic preamp) greatly modernizes and improves classic British design. This single-rack-space pair of preamps offer the same definitive sonic fidelity and expert craftsmanship as all Great River products. Transparency and vintage harmonic structure are both achieved with NV-Series preamps.
The MP-2NV achieves "new classic" performance status with two discrete Class-A gain stages (the dual gain-stage meters are a Great River exclusive), a front-panel DI input jack which is routed via a FET and BJT buffer through the input transformer (also unique to Great River preamps) for must-hear-to-believe sound from all hi-Z instruments, and a discrete high-current Class-A "big iron" transformer-coupled output amplifier. The MP-2NV is a fundamentally important audio tool that brings out the best in every microphone and instrument.
The MP-2NV has an internal power supply suitable for operation on any power grid. A simple change of fuse and proper positioning of a voltage selector will adjust the unit for any voltage between 100 and 240 V AC.
The NV Series' construction quality is "like a beautiful battleship", said one grizzled audio veteran.
- 'Big Iron Vintage Sound' from custom-wound transformers
- 'No-latency' output monitoring for DAW users
- High-Z input is ideal for bass, guitar, and sound modules (FET-buffered and routed into the input transformer, a Great River exclusive)
- Gain stage monitoring via dual meters (also a Great River exclusive)
- Ultra quiet noise floor for outstanding performance at any gain setting
- Excellent stereo imaging (nearly identical phase response channel-to-channel)