Empress Effects Buffer+ Stereo
The Empress Buffer+ Stereo was designed to be the complete I/O interface for your pedalboard, all while maintaining the highest fidelity of your guitars' signal.
Signal loss due to long. un-buffered cable runs is an issue that has plagued guitar players for decades. The primary goal of the Buffer+ Stereo is to eliminate this signal loss, ensuring that your tone is unchanged by your cables.
Empress have incorporated all the features of our Buffer+ such as the foot-switchable boost, input padding, noise filters, and variable input loading, as well as a ton of additional features such as input metering and clip level indicators, AB/AY switching, external switch control, and of course full stereo in/out connectivity.
On top of all that, we've added 12 different operating modes, each with its own unique signal routing to provide maximum versatility and adaptability to just about any rig you can throw at it. Whether you're connecting stereo effects out to stereo amps, parallel mono effects chains, dual instruments to switch between, or effects in front of your amp as well as the FX loop, the Buffer+ Stereo has got you covered.
- All Analogue Signal Path - No digitals in here!
- Switchable Boost - Dial in up to 30dB of clean boost and switch on and off with the soft touch foot switch, or optional external footswitch.
- AB/ABY Switching - Use the onboard footswitch to AB or AY the outputs, AB the inputs for instrument switching, or even bypass your amp's effects loop.
- 12 Different Operating Modes - Want to sum stereo effects to dual mono? Maybe sum mono effects to run in parallel? How about buffer effects in front, and also your amp's FX loop? User configurable internal signal routing lets you do all of this and more.
- Input Metering - LED meters on all inputs to show the incoming signal and to alert you of clipping. Also great for troubleshooting!
- Tuner Mute - Hold the footswitch for a second to mute the amp output for tuning, or use an external footswitch to mute the output instantly.
- Noise Filters - Similar to Dolby's noise filter technology, choose between two different noise filters to remove any unwanted noise from your effects chain.
- Input Pad - Pad the input by either 6dB or 12dB. Great for matching output levels of different instruments, or avoiding clipping from a hot amp FX loop.
- Input Loading - Load down your pickups a little, a lot, or not at all. It's up to you.
- Transformer Isolated Output - Avoid ground loops when connecting to multiple amps or sources. Polarity can also be inverted to maintain phase between stereo amps.
- External Footswitch Control - Connect an external footswitch to activate the boost or instantly mute the output for tuning, to allow the onboard switch to be used for AB/AY switching.