500 Series Mic Preamp with Colour Slot
Built by Big Bear Audio in London, UK.
The CP5 is the first microphone preamp to feature Colour. On its own, the CP5 is a reference-quality, 500-series mic preamp with copious amounts of clean gain. With Colour, the CP5 is the most tonally versatile preamp in the world.
World Class Preamp
The CP5 is a transparent, low-noise preamp based on the "clean wire with gain" school of design. The preamp's signal path features only best-in-class components, including WIMA capacitors and THAT Corp. ICs. Preamp gain and Colour are adjustable via stepped controls for easy recall and stereo operation.
Add Some Colour
Plug any Colour module into the CP5 to add some character to your preamp. Dial in the exact amount of Colour you want with the stepped Colour control. Switch between tone and transparency with the Colour bypass switch. The CP5's preamp works with or without a Colour installed.
- Fully compatible with the 500-series format
- Stepped controls (21 positions) for easy recall and stereo operation
- Anodised aluminium knobs and front panel
- Phantom power, polarity, -20dB pad, and Colour switches
- Mic preamp gain adjustable from +20-66dB
- Ultra-transparent, low-noise preamp
- No electrolytic capacitors or transformers in the signal path
- WIMA film coupling capacitors
- Based on the best-in-class THAT Corp. 1512 preamplifier IC
- Electronically balanced inputs and outputs
- Single Colour socket
- Colour control adjusts amount of Colour without changing overall gain