AKG D12 VR
Dynamic Bass Instrument Microphone with 3 EQ Settings
Kick the hammer - for bass drum live and recording applications
The D12 VR is a reference large-diaphragm dynamic microphone with cardioid polar pattern. Designed specifically for kick-drum recording applications, the microphone has a thin diaphragm to enhance the low frequency performance. Its warm sound is realised by the original C414 transformer, especially impressive at high signal levels.
The D12 VR features three active filter presets to match its sound shape with the kick drums character. When activated, the output level is automatically reduced by 10 dB. The filter settings can be controlled using a switch on the microphone body. Without phantom power, the microphone operates in passive mode and delivers the instruments pure sound.
- Ultra thin diaphragm - for accurate reproduction of the instruments sound
- Optimised bass chamber - for enhanced low frequency performance
- Patented switchable active-filter presets - to match the drums character
- Original C414 transformer - delivers a warm sound especially at high signal levels
- Cardioid polar pattern - rejects overspill from nearby instruments