AAS String Studio VS-2
Virtual String Ensemble Instrument (Download Code)
A new breed of synthesiser
String Studio VS-2 is a string modeling synthesiser plug-in that swaps the traditional oscillator sound source for a string.
With its picks, bows, hammers, fingers, frets, dampers, and soundboards, it is a unique blend of acoustic modeling and regular synth-control features - you won't believe how crazy you can go with a simple string.
The string is the thing
A string is a rich sound source at the heart of a multitude of musical instruments. It can be played with a pick or finger for plucked sounds, bowed and produce sustained sounds or hit for chord and percussive sounds.
- Factory library - The completely renewed factory library has well over 600 production-ready sounds classified for fast and intuitive exploration.
- Bank and program manager - String Studio VS-2’s new manager allows simple and efficient organisation, backup, and sharing of your sounds.
- Sean Divine signature sounds - A collection of 50 inspiring signature presets by producer Sean Divine.
- Backward compatible with VS-1 presets - Simply put your String Studio VS-1 exported presets in String Studio VS-2's bank folder to convert them.
- Compressor and EQ - These new additions are perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- Overhauled effects - Reinvigorated and polished, String Studio VS-2’s multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date!
- Limiter - The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the synth’s parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- Microtonal tunings vis Scala scale files - String Studio VS-2 now supports the Scala scale file format for microtonal music making.
- Streamlined interface - Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides String Studio VS-2 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the performance and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you tweak and create your sound; while FX supplies equaliser, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for a final sheen.
- Native 64-bit AU, VST and AAX plug-ins - String Studio VS-2 now runs in native 64-bit on Mac OS X and Windows making it compatible with the latest sequencers.
String Studio is packed with more than 600 presets from the best sound designers. Performers will be charmed by the acoustic feel and twist of arpeggiator, bass, lead, pad, key, and plucked sounds and find inspiration in the strange resonances, and unusual behaviours of its many ethnic instruments. Sound designers and composers are in for a treat with organic soundscapes that literally become instruments and with growling, twisting and evolving emotion carrying ambiences that will move any film score.
String Studio combines innovative acoustic modelling parameters and classic synth features in a unique way. You will be inspired by the new sonic possibilities yet feel at ease with the familiar approach to sound design.
String Studio is packed with premium performance features: keyboard modes, unison, portamento, and a complete set of MIDI features. And for even more action, String Studio provides a user programmable pattern arpeggiator and shortcuts to the high quality effects.
The Effects panel wraps up String Studio VS-2 as an all-inclusive package with awesome polishing tools.